The C-Pen ReaderPen scanner is major technological breakthrough and a life-saver for those who suffer from reading difficulties such as dyslexia. The ReaderPen is a totally portable, pocket-sized device that reads text out aloud with a human-like TTS voice.
The built dictionary puts the power of Collins English Dictionary (30th Anniversary Edition Tenth edition) in your hands. Simply pass the nib across a word and it instantly displays the definition and reads it aloud. It is also a scanner for capturing lines of text and uploading to a PC, Mac or Linux computer, making it ideal for students, teachers and professionals to capture essential information.
This is the only portable line scanner on the market that is both Mac, PC and Linux compatible. There is no software required, just connect the pen up to a computer with a USB cable and it appears as an external hard drive. Other features include a built-in voice recorder with playback.
As well as promoting Independent Reading this pen features:
– hear words & lines of text read aloud
– Collins 10th Edition Dictionary, Oxford English-Spanish/Spanish-English dictionaries
– scan, store & transfer text to a PC or Mac (1GB of storage/no software required)
– scan direct to the cursor on a computer
– a voice recorder
– free future upgrades
– available in a class set of ten pens
Use ReaderPen to read printed text for you! ReaderPen features a high quality naturally speaking TTS voices. Use it to listen to pronunciations or to help you read in general. You can relisten to selected words, which are also highlighted and zoomed in while being read out.
Not sure about a word? ReaderPen contains high quality electronic dictionaries. Capture the word(s) and they are located in the dictionary for you. It´s an instant experience. ReaderPen also remember words that you have looked up and keep the history available for you.
Scan and save to text files
ReaderPen contains a high accuracy OCR that enables you to capture and save quotes and other text of interest instantly. The text is saved in text files, in local memory, which are easily transferred to your computer by USB. This is extremely handy if you are a student or a researcher or if you just want to save some text of interest.
Aside from everything else ReaderPen also features a microphone (and of course speaker and headphones connector) allowing you to record audio. Like voice memos. The audio files are saved in the device, can be retrieved and listened to any time. You can also upload the audio files to your computer.
ReaderPen also double as a USB drive. 1GB user space is available. Most likely enough to store a backup of your documents or other important files. Connect it to a USB port on your MAC, Windows or Linux computer.
Scan to computer
Connect ReaderPen by USB to a computer and it works like a second keyboard. No drivers required! Connects to any USB Host enabled MAC, Windows or Linux computer.
Reader Pen Specifications:
– Screen OLED 256*64
– CPU 600MHz
– Memory 4GB (OS/Dictionaries 3G, User 1G)
– USB USB 2.0 High speed / Micro USB
– Earphone 3.5mm
– Built-in speaker and microphone
– Battery 950mAh
– Scan Font Size Range 6.5 – 22 pt
– Electronic Dictionaries Collin English 30th Anniversary Dictionary 10th Edition, Oxford ELT En-Es/Es-En, Oxford Spanish Dictionary En-Es/Es-En
– Menu Languages English
– Supported OCR/TTS language(s): English (British & American voice), Spanish
– Certifications CE RoHS FCC
– Size Dimensions: 135*33*19mm Weight: 50g
– Free firmware upgrades (availability subject to version). Contact us for details.
– C610R Reader pen
– Carry Case
– USB Cable
– English user guide