The Dictionary Pen is a major technological breakthrough for anyone working or studying in a “second language”. The embedded camera and OCR technology enables lookup or translation of words without the need for a single “click”. Simply pass the nib across a word and it instantly displays the definition and reads the word.
The device hosts nine (9) OXFORD Academic and English Language Teaching (ELT) dictionaries supporting six different languages. It’s a totally portable, pocket-sized device that pronounces the looked up word with a natural speaking text to speech voice.
It is also a scanner for capturing text and uploading to a PC, Mac or Linux computer, making it ideal for students, teachers and professionals to capture essential information.
There is no software required to upload the text to Windows, MAC or Linux PC’s. Just connect the device to a computer with a USB cable and it appears as an external hard drive.
Other features include a built-in voice recorder with playback.
– Look up/translate words in dictionary in six different languages
– Listen to single words being pronounced by natural speaking TTS
– Highlight/store text in internal memory (2+ GB storage/thousands of pages)
– Connect to Windows/MAC/Linux and upload text files (no software required)
– Scan directly to text cursor on a Windows/MAC/Linux computer (no software required)
– Record and play back voice memos
– Free upgrades (availability subject to version). Contact us for details.
Not sure about a word? DictionaryPen contains high quality electronic dictionaries translating multiple languages to/from English. Capture the word(s) and they are located in the dictionary for you. It´s an instant experience. DictionaryPen also remember words that you have looked up and keep the history available for you.
Scan and save to text files
DictionaryPen contains a high accuracy OCR that enables you to capture and save quotes and other text of interest instantly. The text is saved in text files, in local memory, which are easily transferred to your computer by USB. This is extremely handy if you are a student or a researcher or if you just want to save some text of interest.
Aside from everything else, DictionaryPen also features a microphone (and of course speaker and headphones connector) allowing you to record audio. Like voice memos. The audio files are saved in the device, can be retrieved and listened to any time. You can also upload the audio files to your computer.
DictionaryPen also double as a USB drive with 2-3GB user space is available. Most likely enough to store a backup of your documents or other important files. Connect it to a USB port on your MAC, Windows or Linux computer.
Scan to computer
Connect DictionaryPen by USB to a computer and it works like a second keyboard. No drivers required! Connects to any USB Host enabled MAC, Windows or Linux computer.
Reader Pen Specifications:
– Screen OLED 256*64
– CPU 600MHz
– Memory 8GB (OS/Dictionaries 5G, User 3G)
– USB USB 2.0 High speed / Micro USB
– Earphone 3.5mm
– Built-in speaker and microphone
– Battery 600mAh
– Scan Font Size Range 6.5 – 22 pt
– Menu Languages English
– Supported language(s): English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
– Certifications CE RoHS FCC
– Size Dimensions: 135*33*19mm Weight: 50g
– Free firmware upgrades (availability subject to version). Contact us for details.
– C610D DictionaryPen
– Carry Case
– USB Cable
– English user guide
– Oxford German Dictionary 3e (English-German-English)
– Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary 4e (English-French-English)
– Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary 3e (English-Italian-English)
– Oxford Russian Dictionary 4e (English-Russian-English)
– Oxford Spanish Dictionary 4e (English-Spanish-English)
– Das grosse Oxford Wörterbuch 2e (English-German-English)
– Dictionnaire Oxford Poche pour apprendre l’anglais (English-French-English)
– Diccionario Oxford Pocket para estudiantes de ingles 4e (English-Spanish-English)
– Dizionario Oxford Study per studenti d’inglese 3e (English-Italian-English)
– Collins 30th Anniversary (English-English)